Today was my sorority alumnae association’s Holiday Tea! We had sisters bring refreshments and we just chit chatted about what we’ve all been up to lately. We also had an ornament exchange and I got a pickle! Apparently, the Christmas Pickle is a thing. I think it’s a cute addition to my mini tree.
For the Tea, I brought Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies served in mini cupcake liners. I adapted this recipe from Food Network. Firstly, I added 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract and 4 drops of red food coloring to the cheesecake mixture. I also used a box brownie mix rather than baking them from scratch. You can do that if you want, I just didnt have time and brownie mix was on sale. I also added crushed candy canes to the tops and in the middle. I layered the brownies with brownie mix, candy canes, cheesecake and then more candy canes on top.
They’re very peppermint-y and awesome. I’m sure I’ve already had a dozen of them. You could also make them in a brownie pan and swirl the cheesecake mixture into the brownie batter or you can make them larger cupcakes. I think all will work well for these!
Here’s what I’ve been listening to this week. I’ve been listening to Christmas music tonight when I was filling out my Christmas cards, as well as, 24/7 at work. I love classic Christmas crooners like Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra but I also have been loving this version of “O Holy Night” by one of my favorite country singers Sarah Darling.
Take a listen and tell me what you think!
I know everyone loves Christmas but I really do love this season. I’m a Christmas baby with my birthday being just a few days before so I look forward to my birthday and then Christmas. Side note, having your birthday in December is great for shopping. Most of your birthday awards/coupons can be used in the after Christmas sales. But anyway, here are the links I’ve wanted to share with y’all this week.
Links I love this week…
– Trying to eat healthy during the Holidays? Check out these great clean eating tips from Cooking Light.
– Jen from Your Sorority Sister just gets my shopping needs. Check out her latest gift guide and swoon.
– ICYMI, here’s my posts from this past week. November Instagram Recap, Liebster Award and Frugal Friday
– Check out this cute clutch that Rachel from A Preppy State of Mind is showcasing on her blog.
– Have you checked out the CVS beauty clearance? Check out this master list from Nouveau Cheap to see everything on sale!
What posts, articles or blogs have you been loving this week?
Let me know in the comments below!
Subscribe via BlogLovin | Connect on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest