My bags are packed I’m ready to head to Miami today! Even though I don’t really need to, I’m checking a bag. Now I will have more than enough options for all of the fun I’m going to have! I’m going out tonight, out tomorrow, football game on Saturday, fun bruch on Sunday and the beach! This trip will be jam-packed!
I don’t travel too much but, when I do, I usually go overboard on packing my carry-on/purse. I watched this fun video from The College Prepster but I think she packs just as much as I do. I’m always trying to stuff everything under the sun into my new favorite tote.
For this trip, I’m just bringing my purse and I tried to pare down. It’s stuffed with magazines, work I need to read through, my iPad, iPod and phone, my huge headphones so I can rock out, fruit, snacks and some candy I horded from work, an empty water bottle, my chargers, some nail polish, and then the usual purse suspects.
Now I may over stuff a carry on but I do know how to pack a suitcase. I have definitely created a packing routine. For this trip, I added a little more than I normally do because I had space but these are my packing tips!
Here are some packing tips
– Try to think of your outfits for each day (including pajamas) before throwing the first tank into your suitcase. I always plan my outfits and it definitely ensures I bring only what I need. For this trip, I used my Evernote app to create a packing list.
– If you’re not checking a bag, travel-size toiletries are your friend and even if you are checking the extra weight is not worth it. You will never use an entire bottle of conditioner on a four day trip. It’s just not possible.
– Try to bring shoes that go with multiple outfits. I packed a pair of sneakers, a pair of wedges, my jacks, some versatile brown flats and I’m wearing short boots on. I have a shoe for all of my outfits with only 5 pairs
– If there is any chance it might spill, put it in a plastic baggie. No one wants melted chocolate, soap, lotion or perfume all over their bags.
– Buy your magazines before you arrive. Walmart marks down the magazines so it’ll be cheaper than the news stand prices. Or, better yet, save your magazine subscriptions until your trip. I did that and I have the new SELF, Martha Stewart Living and Coastal Living to leaf through on my way to MIA.
– Save some room to pack souvenirs. I know we are going shopping this weekend and I want a new tervis from the bookstore. I have to take it all back somehow so I saved lots of room to bring things home. Also if you have to meticulously roll everything to make it fit, there is no way you will take that much time packing for the way home and it will frustrating. Trust it.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!