I’m sitting here and watching White Christmas as we speak (err type). It was on AMC tonight, still my absolute fav!
Anyway I was going to post some tips and tricks I learned from my Gingerbread House cooking class.
- Use a straight edge to create a 90 degree angle when you start the walls. It will make sure everything is even and the sides will connect
- Don’t scrimp on the icing, it’s the super glue of Gingerbread houses
- Before you bake off the sides, cute out some windows and put some hard candy pieces inside = stained glass windows
- Peel and eat twizzlers is a great decorating tool
- Dont be afraid to use sugars and sprinkles
- Don’t over decorate the roof, it might fall in.
I hope this sparks some creativity.
Have you made any sweet treats yet this Christmas season? Let me know in the comments!